Job Title: General Manager
AZWBC’s mission is to enhance the lives of its guests, employees, and community through creating unique, flavorful, and satisfying food and beer, providing legendary customer service, participating in sustainable practices, and treating employees well. The General Manager is responsible for management and execution of all elements of AZWBC’s restaurant, including the education, coordination, and direction of restaurant team; effective leadership through exemplary behavior and clear communication; coordination with vendors; maintaining a positive work environment; and cultivating and retaining a team capable of delivering an exceptional customer experience to every patron, every time.
Responsible for managing the operation of the restaurant through the following leadership skills:
- Adhere to legal and company outlined requirements;
- Coordinate and communicate with all departments (Social Media, Brewery, Distribution, Management, Service, and Kitchen) on a daily basis to ensure compliance, safety, consistency, accuracy, and efficiency of operational objectives;
- Demonstrate a confident and commanding knowledge of all products and services and ensure staff understands, demonstrates, and communicates products and service to all guests confidently;
- Weekly attendance and participation in beer education meetings;
- Host at least two manager meetings per month;
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy workplace by establishing and enforcing security, safety, and sanitation standards and procedures that comply with health and legal regulations;
- Maintain comprehensive and accurate records and maintain and update training systems;
- Managing kitchen environment to meet Executive Chef and governing agencies standards, including but not limited to:
- Oversight of kitchen staff;
- Coordination of equipment maintenance/repair; and
- Effective BOH scheduling.
- Actively engage and communicate with guests and team members by physical presence on the floor;
- Ensure quality control and financial responsibility through approving expenditures, inspecting orders, maintaining inventory, purchasing and receiving supplies, managing costs, and overall safeguarding smooth operations;
- Responsible for the financial accuracy and retention of legal/company commitments, payroll, sales records, expenses, and inventories, including but not limited to:
- Daily: purchasing & receiving audit, payroll reconciliation, and financial activity record keeping.
- Weekly: food inventory, financial packet completion/submission and reporting.
- Bi-weekly: completion of audited and accurate payroll submission.
- Monthly: SWOT analysis, sales forecasts by the week (maintaining a one month ahead approach), financial reconciliations on all activity and reporting.
- Annually: ensure all departments receive allotted terms of employment.
- Review and approve all department schedules. Post department schedules by EOD Wednesday.
- Proactive problem solving to location’s opportunities, including but not limited to:
- Resolving discrepancies; and
- Maximizing profitability.
- Manage purchasing and par levels of products and supplies in a financially responsible manner without compromising superior quality of service and products or bypassing local first philosophy;
- Support marketing initiatives positively and actively to meet expected results;
- Maintain company culture and knowledge through becoming an expert on all products and policies;
- Provide direction in pre-shift meetings and individual or team coaching on a daily basis;
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, and performance management of quality service orientated team members that fit the brewpub/beer garden culture and company expectations of providing legendary customer service and world-class wilderness inspired beers and food;
- Secure company resources and maintain accurate recording and handling procedures;
- Follow company policies and standards and hold staff accountable to do the same;
- Manage the safety, cleanliness, and maintenance of the facilities, property, structures, equipment, furniture, atmosphere, and landscaping, including appropriate levels of lighting, music and comfortable temperatures for guests (repairs over $500 are to be presented in proposal format from 2 different vendors);
- Efficiently investigate and positively resolve guest issues;
- Utilize resources, self education, and company information to train team with a craft beer, local food focus and world class service experience for guests;
- Enforce, practice, and document progressive discipline method;
- Develop, establish, and maintain AOR’s for leadership team.
- Create SOPs as needed to ensure compliance, safety, efficiency, and accountability in the provision of world class service, operations, and atmosphere;
- Complete monthly team building for management team;
- Recognize team member birthdays and work anniversaries;
- Host two trainer education and/or team building events per year;
- Manage in house and off site special event demands as needed; and
- Provide an atmosphere and work environment focused on exceptional quality of life.
- Perform in a physically demanding work environment: stands 100 % of shift; walks and moves during entire shift; lifts and carries up to 70 lbs up to 20 times per shift; frequent bending and stooping; uses hands 90% of shift; holds items (culinary tools, trays, etc.) for extended periods of time with up to 15 lbs of weight; works frequently in hot and damp workstation; works near open flames; works with chemical cleaners; works outside up to 75% of the shift.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English with the ability to speak and understand Spanish preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication delivered in an optimistic and helpful manner; IT skills required.
- Open availability with a balanced scheduling approach to meet the business demands of busy night, weekends and holidays.