Job Title: Host/Hostess
Reports to: Department Manager
Salary/Grade Level: $12-$16/hr + tips
Revision Date: January 09, 2019
Primary Objective of Position:
To provide a warm, welcoming greeting to guests; ensure guests’ dining experience is exceptional and they are directed in a timely manner; provide a sincere and heartfelt thank you to each guest as they leave; organize and properly dispose of compost, recycling, and trash while maintaining clean equipment and facilities.
- Maintains a cheerful, courteous disposition and a neat, clean, and professional image.
- Greets and opens the door for each guest upon their entering and departing.
- Answers telephone within 3 rings and answers questions or directs calls to the appropriate destination.
- Communicates guest questions or concerns to Managers as appropriate.
- Upon guests leaving, bids farewell, ensures everything was satisfactory, and invites them to return.
- Cleans, stocks, and manages merchandise area and helps guests with any purchase needs.
- Keeps foyer, host area, wait area, and tables clean and free of clutter.
- Inspects restrooms every fifteen minutes and maintains cleanliness standards.
- Performs shift change and/or opening or closing duties.
- Keeps immediate supervisor promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matters of significance and take prompt corrective action where necessary or suggests alternative courses of action that may be taken.
- Adheres to all company safety and sanitation policies and procedures.
- Assists other team members as needed or when business needs dictate.
- Displays a favorable image of company at all times.
- Complies with company uniform and health department requirements to ensure safe food practices.
- Performs calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Communicates clearly with guests and team members to provide exceptional service.
- Performs other duties as required or requested
- Ability to read English.
- Stands/walks 100% of shift.
- Works indoors and outdoors.
- Reaches, bends, stoops, and wipes frequently.
- Ability to verbalize clearly and respond to guests.
- Lifts up to 30 lbs. several times per shift when business needs dictate.