Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company
Job Title: Restaurant Manager
Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company’s mission is to create world-class beer and food and positively contribute to our Arizona community through environmentally and socially conscious business practices. We seek to enhance the lives of our guests, employees, and community through creating unique, flavorful, and satisfying beer and food, providing legendary customer service, participating in sustainable practices, and treating our employees well.
AZWBC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
AZWBC’s mission is to enhance the lives of its guests, employees, and community through creating unique, flavorful, and satisfying food and beer, providing legendary customer service, participating in sustainable practices, and treating employees well. A Restaurant Manager assists the General Manager in the management and execution of all elements of AZWBC’s brewpub restaurant.
Assists in the management of the operation of the restaurant through the following leadership skills:
- Demonstrate a confident and commanding knowledge of all products and services and ensure staff understands, demonstrates, and communicates products and service to all guests confidently;
- Weekly attendance and participation in beer education meetings;
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy workplace by establishing and enforcing security, safety, and sanitation standards and procedures that comply with health and legal regulations;
- Actively engage and communicate with guests and team members by physical presence on the floor;
- Ensure quality control and financial responsibility through inspecting orders, maintaining inventory, purchasing and receiving supplies, managing costs, and overall safeguarding smooth operations;
- Manage kitchen environment to meet applicable standards, including oversight or kitchen equipment maintenance and repair, effective BOH scheduling, and maximizing profitability of food items;
- Assist in maintaining accurate sales, expense, and inventory records.
- Manage purchasing and par levels of products and supplies in a financially responsible manner without compromising superior quality of service and products or bypassing local first philosophy;
- Support marketing initiatives positively and actively to meet expected results;
- Maintain company culture and knowledge through becoming an expert on all products and policies;
- Provide direction in pre-shift meetings and individual or team coaching on a daily basis;
- Assist with recruitment, hiring, and performance management of quality service orientated team members that fit the brewpub/beer garden culture and company expectations of providing legendary customer service and world-class wilderness inspired beers and food;
- Secure company resources and maintain accurate recording and handling procedures;
- Follow company policies and standards and hold staff accountable to do the same;
- Manage the safety, cleanliness, and maintenance of the facilities, property, structures, equipment, furniture, atmosphere, and landscaping, including appropriate levels of lighting, music and comfortable temperatures for guests; and
- Efficiently investigate and positively resolve guest issues.
- Perform in a physically demanding work environment: stands 100 % of shift; walks and moves during entire shift; lifts and carries up to 70 lbs up to 20 times per shift; frequent bending and stooping; uses hands 90% of shift; holds items (culinary tools, trays, etc.) for extended periods of time with up to 15 lbs of weight; works frequently in hot and damp workstation; works near open flames; works with chemical cleaners; works outside up to 75% of the shift.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English with the ability to speak and understand Spanish preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication delivered in an optimistic and helpful manner; IT skills required.
- Open availability with a balanced scheduling approach to meet the business demands of busy night, weekends and holidays.
Benefits vary by job position, but generally include complimentary meals when working, complimentary 4-packs and merchandise, and healthcare coverage for full time workers. Ask us about the benefits applicable to the specific job you are applying for.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.