Arizona Wilderness Brewing Company’s mission is to create world-class beer and food and positively contribute to our Arizona community through environmentally and socially conscious business practices. We seek to enhance the lives of our guests, employees, and community through creating unique, flavorful, and satisfying beer and food, providing legendary customer service, participating in sustainable practices, and treating our employees well.
AZWBC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical disability, mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We are looking for a full time (4 days/wk), 30-40 hours a week Cellar Assistant to help us grow our capacity at our Woodnotes Cellar, helping to craft mixed culture, Belgian inspired, and true Arizona farm-to-glass fruited beers. We produce environmentally conscious craft beer with the intention of uplifting and growing alongside our local community. From the farmers we partner with to the land in which we live and seek to preserve, our food and beer showcases intentful process.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Cellarship and maintenance of three 30bbl vertical foeders, two 15bbl horizontal foeders
and small barrel stock (<50 barrels) working under the guidance of the cellar manager
- Assisting in transferring, adjuncting and general cellarship activities
- Light lab work and fermentation measurement/recording
- Assisting with preparation and processing of fruited beers during the harvest seasons
- Bimonthly or more packaging run assistance via Meheen Gosling canning line and
manual six head Italian bottle filler
- Weekly cellar cleaning and preventive maintenance
- Keg washing when needed (at least 4-6 hours a week)
- Brewery or wine cellar experience preferred (1+ year)
- Must be able to lift 55lb. regularly and occasionally 170lb assisted team lift
- Repetitive motions are frequent
- Standing for long durations
- Working in a wet environment
- Rigorous work conditions at times
- Working in extreme hot and cold conditions as dictated by winter and summer months
- Hourly pay rate based on experience
- Health care coverage offered after satisfactory completion of Probation Period; if accepted, AZWB will pay for 50% of the base cost
- Five (5) days of annual PTO time, with an additional two (2) days of PTO accrued for each continuous calendar year of employment, up to a maximum of twenty (20) PTO days per year
- One complimentary meal (not to exceed $20) and two complimentary pints per full 8 hour shift worked (after-shift only)
- One complimentary case of to-go beer per month (excluding specialty beers)
- A wonderful team, hands-on and coordinating with the entire production process!
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.